Friday, September 12, 2008

Technologically Illiterate Teacher

I think that now since technology has taken over there is no way you be able to survive
in the world. For example the simple fax machine is a biggie at my job. I work at a doctor's office and we have Rx faxed all day long and without it we would have to use snail mail or we would have parent over running our off ice trying to get their child's Rx filled.

I think that all teachers should incorporate technology into their lesson plan to get students used to using computers. In some years from now the world will be ran by computers and some students will be behind because many don't have a computer at home. Once I have my own class I would encourage my students to visit many learning websites. My daughter is 4 years old and loves PBS Kid's website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I think it is important that we, as teachers, stay up-to-date on educational improvements and technological advancements. Our students are interested in technology. Thus, it makes sense to incorporate that which interests them into learning.