Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Duke passes out iPods

Professor Anthony Kelley pulls up the sheet music for a Bach chorale on his computer, as junior Geoff Lorenz plays the song from his iPod.
At Duke University the incoming freshman received an iPod that had all the orientation info on it. (I can imagine how much that cost) Now the students only receive the iPod if that are enrolled in a class that uses it. The classes are foreign language, so that the students can hear the language being spoken and for some engineering courses.
I think this is great idea (I wish South passed out iPods for this class). It's great that they are helping the students with their technology.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I don't have an Ipod but i work at Best Buy and realize that it is a good tool to have. I really wish i had one and learned how to use it. As a future learning things about technology is helping my students more than me.