Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Communicating With Teachers across the Globe

I used the website teachers.net
to communicate with teacher and ask the how they incorporate technology within their class. Most of the comments I got were from teachers who did really use the technonlgy. I even got a response from Artaz who say she use technology daily. She has a Smartboard in her class, their school has an online grading system and she lets her class do research using the class computer.
I also recieve this post:
Districts vary widely in what tech is available. Some are still as
low tech as paper and pencil, while others are state of the art.
Most are somewhere in the middle.

The best use of technology in an elementary class is when it is
used to enhance learning and not for the sake of technology
itself. I taught K-5 technology for my last five years. I used the
technology standards to supplement the grade level standards. For
example, in grade 5 we were learning how to make business cards,
so we made business cards for book characters. Example: Wolf
Demolition Service
, will huff and puff and blow your house
down, call Big Bad Wolf at 555-5555 for fast service.
In K we used Kid Pix to find stamps with pictures of the letters
or sounds they were working on.

Some classrooms have the technology to do podcasts. In others you
are lucky to have chalk. You make the best of what you have.

So these where comments I recieve on technology in class.

No comments: