Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Technology and Math

This podcast was giving a view on incorporating math and technology. Some Teachers are not fun of this idea they think that the students will not pick up on it. Ms. Chandler stated that students usually learn Math through repetition/memorization. Which is true because when I was in high school I memorized formulas and once the test was over they were out of my head.

So what Ms. Chandler wants to show the student why this formula would be helpful or why they should learn the Math. To look at the Math visually and get a better understanding of why/how the different steps occur would really help the students.

I think that all teachers should give every learning techniques that comes their way a try because some students may find that technique to be useful. Teachers who hold back in their classroom, because they are afraid of change, are holding back on the students education. Using technology in the classroom can be a helpful teaching tool for teachers.

Ms. Chandler was very helpful in helping me to understand that I need to be ready for the overall technology upgrades that could be hitting the schools soon. After taking this EDM 310 class I hope I can be "Techno Savy" just for the sake of my students

No comments: